Southeast Asia’s largest tyre manufacturing plant – Ferentino Tyre opened by President Gotabhaya Rajapaksa

Business Srilanka

The largest tire factory in South and South East Asia was inaugurated by President Gotabhaya Rajapaksa this afternoon (14).

The new factory is located in the Wagawatta Export Processing Zone, Horana.

Most of the factory’s products are manufactured for export with the European technology and quality. The factory will manufacture tires for all categories from small cars to heavy vehicles. 80% of the production is exported and the remaining 20% ​​is supplied to the local market.  The company’s first consignment is expected to be exported to the United States this month.

 Among the benefits of the factory are the promotion of the export market in the country, the creation of a large number of direct and indirect jobs and the higher prices offered to local rubber growers.

 The management of the company has also taken steps to recruit qualified and qualified women for the posts in the technical divisions beyond the existing standard limits in the manufacturing sector.  The eco-friendly construction of the factory is also a specialty.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *